Boarding Schools for Troubled Teens:
Some Boarding Schools are Good. Some are NOT. We Can Help.
Troubled Teens can be a stress on family, friends, educators, and others. However, sending a child to a boarding school for troubled teens can be a catastrophic mistake if not planned properly. Sometimes troubled teens return WORSE than they were when they left. Thousands of dollars and valuable time have been lost. We're here to help the parents, families, and friends of these teens find the best intervention options possible. If you're looking for a boarding school for troubled teens, we can help you find the right program for your teen.
Do you need placement help? Do you need to find a boarding school that specializes in working with your teen's issues? You can bring peace to your home, and solutions to your teen. With proper support and your commitment, you can give your troubled teen a greater chance at success ... for happiness ... for life.
- Call 1-866-798-2285 or click on the "Please Help Me Now!" button on the right.
If your teen is struggling with self-control, is a danger to self or others, we can help you find the correct intervention.
- Fighting and Arguing with Family Members
- Physically and/or Verbally Abusive
- Contempt for You and Your Rules
- Can't Accept "No" For an Answer
- Goes Through Abrupt Personality Changes
- Never at Fault - Shifts Blame to Others
- Unable to Control Anger - Poor Emotional Control
- Can't Accept Feedback - Always "Above the Law"
- Manipulates Parents, Pitting Adults One Against Another
- Sneaky, Elusive, Lying & Stealing
- Lacks Productive Motivation - Lazy - Resists Work
- Boasts an "I hate you," attitude
- Boasts a "You can't make me," attitude
- Heavily or Secretly Abusing Alcohol or Drugs
- Skipping School or Classes - Truancy
- Suspended from School - Authority Problems at School
- Grades Falling & Doesn't Care - Academic Problems
- Can't Keep Positive Friends - Peer Problems
- Struggling with the Law - Facing Justice
- Fighting - Violence and Aggression against Others
- Gang Involvement & Glorification
Does Your Teenager Struggle With the Following? If so, get help now.
- He's a Danger to Self or Others
- He Runs Away or is AWOL
- Conduct Disorder - Diagnosed or Observed?
- Poor Choice of Friends - Easily Misled
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Bipolar Disorder - Diagnosed or Observed?
- Low Self-Esteem or Poor Self-Image
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Depression - Diagnosed or Observed?
- Attempted or Threats of Suicide (Ideation)
- Drug Abuse or Addiction
- Alcohol Abuse or Addiction
- Smoking or other Tobacco Use
- Sexually Active - Risky Behavior
- Cutting - Self-Harm or Mutilation
- Adoption Issues - Associated with RAD
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Eating Disorder (Anorexia, Bulimia)
- Learning Disabilities - Diagnosed?
Has there been a diagnosis of a disorder?
Boarding Schools for Troubled Teens - Do You Need One?
Often when teens struggle with the numerous issues they face in today's society they become, frankly, quite unpleasant. Thousands of families throughout the country have felt that the best way to get their teens back on track is to send them to boarding schools for troubled teens. The idea is to both "straighten them out" and to legally punish them by depriving them of their home environment, friends, belongings, etc. However, thousands of parents have already learned that some boarding schools for troubled teens don't measure up.
"Parent and Teen Resources" suggests that you research all treatment and intervention options as you consider how to handle your teen's problems. But don't confuse wise planning with procrastination. The time taken to consider educational consultants, residential treatment centers, coaching services, etc., may be prudent, but it may also cost you valuable time. The objective is to save your child and plant the seeds for his/her long-term success. Don't allow the emotional trauma of the moment to get you to make poor decisions. Don't be hasty. But don't procrastinate. Let us help you work figure out the best course of action.
Are you familiar with all of the intervention options to help your teen? How are you going to know what your child needs? Parent and Teen Resources is probably very familiar with treatment options that can help.
Beyond boarding schools for troubled teens, what kinds of treatment, academics, ans social growth will build the life-changing self-esteem and confidence your child needs to be successful for the long run?
A major problem facing teens who struggle with the issues listed above is low self-esteem or feelings of worthlessness.
Many, if not all, of your child's destructive behaviors could merely be symptoms of this one core problem.
Be certain that the intervention you choose builds, rather than destroys his/her self esteem, instilling life-long positive change by dealing with the core issues.
An abusive or overly restrictive setting may not build the confidence and self-esteem your teen needs. Many so-called therapeutic boarding schools have minimal therapy, and an abundance of punitive measures that serve to embitter troubled teens. Students who learn to "comply" in such programs merely await their inevitable release from "incarceration" to return to their old ways, and to punish their parents for sending them away.
If your teen exits a boarding school for troubled teens with the same low self-image that he/she entered with, then he/she will continue to engage in the behaviors that validate this self image. Choose the right boarding school. This is our expertise. We can help.
Many parents choose to pursue interventions that address the symptoms only. Attacking the symptoms will drive the destructive behaviors underground - only to resurface at a later date. This approach wastes valuable time and resources and may even make things worse.
You have made the right choice in seeking help. The next step is to contact us. We have vast experience in the treatment care industry. We have worked in the industry. We have lived in the industry. We have seen what works ...... and what doesn't.
We will guide you. We will inform you. Take advantage of our knowledge and insight. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.